5.21.2009

6th Grade Rebellion

So, this morning, at 7:16 a.m. as I was getting ready for work, my phone beeped with an incoming text message. It was from a local number but one that I didn't recognize. This is what it said:

Msg:FWD: send this to every middle schooler at CPA: where [sic] comfy day stuff friday and no one will get in trouble if every1 does it. :)

CPA is Christ Presbyterian Academy - it's a private school located on my route to work.

Vellly Intellesting...

It would seem as though I am in possession of highly sensitive information. Information of a revolutionary nature...or at least a coup. Right? School uniforms be damned, the middle schoolers are plotting their "comfy day stuff" rebellion. They have used the modern medium of text message to convey and spread their mutinous cause.

I guess this would imply that most middle schoolers have their own cell phones? Hunh.

In the spirit of solidarity, I will not turn them into the authorities. And hopefully, none of the CPA authorities are aware of the existence of this blog and thus the subversive efforts of the CPA middle schoolers.

Viva la Revolucion!

3 comments:

Alison said...

Before you know it, those kids will be decapitating statues.

mom said...

you go middle schoolers ! such little rebels. I think it's kind of cute.

Mars Girl said...

It's like gossip girl. You might start getting some other interesting messages about these middle schoolers. Cool!!

Btw, everyone WILL get in trouble... I know this from experience.... and there'll be one or two nerdy people too afraid of authority to subvert (like me) who will ruin it all for everyone.