10.10.2006

Teenagers

Typically I have a keen aversion to teenagers. Their presence tends to elicit feelings of irrational intolerance and impatience. However, the teenagers I've been working with in the ACE program are surprisingly fun and enjoyable. We had a meeting tonight and had a great time! For those of you out of the loop...the field of architecture loop, that is :) ... ACE is sort of an after-school honors program for high school students interested in the fields of architecture, construction, and engineering (hence the acronym). Our office is a sponsor and I am one of the mentors (a mentor! me! ha!) So, I'm thinking maybe I like these particular teenagers because I relate to the smart, dorky kids...creative, imaginative and funny kids...but dorky nonetheless. I fully intend to encourage them to embrace their inner dork!

No comments: